Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Everything Google!




Everything Google!

A day without Google is hard to imagine. With it's oh-so-good services and that perfect doodle for the day , you just can't manage your stuff without it, no matter whether you are an engineer, doctor, lawyer, manager, teacher, student or any Homosapien involved or not in a profession.

Because not exploiting Google's service just deprives you of good things in life.

Let me start by this haunting experience of mine. I had just got my PC formatted by my computer-wala-bhaiya but unfortunately he forgot installing Ms office on it. Now I had to submit this presentation to a teacher and a word doc to one of my seniors. Unaware of the scarcity of resources on my PC, I started my work quite late at night and Boomm...! I just couldn't open either word or power point,obviously because I had no Ms office installed. And those few moments were spent imagining the after-effects of this mistake. I tried finding Ms office for downloading but of no use. Then I realized that I could try doing it on my docs and presentation using Google drive. Thankfully, I was able to make my presentation and doc and it saved me from the wrath of my seniors.

Not just this but Google Drive also makes working in teams quite easy. Simultaneous editing of the same doc by different people at the comfort of their place. No more fighting on who did the less work and who more. See it being done by people in front of your eyes. It saves so much time, no separate docs to be made, no emailing, no merging in the end. Just one place for the making of your document!

It's not just Drive but many Google services that are worth admiring. Here are some of my Google memories.



"One Google account for everything Google'': This is so true. Make a Gmail account and Enjoy all Google services. Not just this, but many sites also offer an option called ''Sign in with Google'' .You don't need to enter your details on each and every site you register for, just the google account and you are good to go.

Forms: Isn't completing and sharing a questionnaire made so easy using Google forms. I mean one practically doesn't need any coding knowledge.

Translate: Translating was never so easy! as Google search engine comes equipped with translate option. We can open web pages in so many different languages. It may not be of much use to the English-speaking youth of India but in rural India it has it's importance.

Google Scholars: I remember making my research project in my first year,collecting previous researches done on the same topic can turn cruel. Google scholar looks after this need of yours. Researches on or related to your topic right there for your reference.

Maps: Lost in a new town or exploring new places on your own, with Google maps you do it all with grace. All you need is a smartphone loaded with fast internet.

There are so many more Chrome, Pocket, Google+, Google image search, Google Art Project,Google goggles, Google keep,Google Buzz, Hangouts, Calendar, You Tube, Picasa, Panoramio, Wallet and the list goes on and on. Go on and try some new google stuff .But make sure you have the googliness!

P.s. I am not a Google Ambassador nor have I watched "The Internship" recently,It has been almost a year.But Yes, I like praising good things…





11 comments:

  1. As always...a nicely written article:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always...a nicely written article:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if have some time..go through kritika16shukla.blogspot.in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well atleast ur blogs will make me a good reader cz i luv to read ur blogs...
    Come soon wid more such interesting articles:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well atleast ur blogs will make me a good reader cz i luv to read ur blogs...
    Come soon wid more such interesting articles:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cool stuff, trying for professional content writing lol ?? Maybe you can test your skills on freelancer or some similar website

    ReplyDelete
  8. No not professional.Just stuff that I would want to share with my readers...

    ReplyDelete