Saturday, April 9, 2016

People in Delhi Metro!



People you would have met in Delhi metro!


Metro Travel equals Praying time - Keeping holy books in their posh bags is old Fashioned. Now what they like to do is use Airtel 4G network to search the Hymn for the day. NO! they don't search "Hymn for the weekend", though it's a nice song to search for ;)  .


All dolled up- Heavy make-up while traveling is intolerable. How do they manage this and those pencil heels while travelling! Have you ever tried catching an auto in those. It's next to impossible!


The Ultimate talker- They generally have two phones (a Smartphone and a Nokia C2) and all their talks, boss' stories, relationship stories, Mom's advice, yelling on your junior, planning for that party, never-ending talk with a friend are done in metro only. I wonder how do they get the signal .I also own a decent phone with a decent SIM still I face signal problems :(


Eyes on your phone- The ones who just keep looking in your phones , reading every damn conversation and email you are doing. Or just observing your Facebook activities. That's most annoying, really.

Like this! They won't let you know!

So called aged - I remember, once when I was travelling, I sat on the Reserved seat for the aged people because there weren't any prospective aged in my compartment that time. I mean why leave it empty? After few stations when there arrived one and I offered the seat, she refused to have it saying,    " No beta, Keep sitting, after all, I am not that old" .You are right Aunty, you were not that old ! and you can never be. Sorry for this!


Very busy ones - Mostly school students on weekends attending coaching classes. The moment they sit, they open their books and start discussing their doubts. Perhaps, the perfect use of their long  journey with friends. After all who doesn't like gossiping!


Police with their pets -You would not have met them had you not travelled in Red line! Forget the Dabangg policeman,( I used the word "Dabangg" because they do wear black aviators sometimes) the security dogs are just so cute, mostly Labrador or Alsatian but you just admire them so much. Bad for you if you haven't travelled in red line. ;)


Make up but only in DMRC mirror - All nice and clean and they mess their look by getting ready looking in the Metro gate mirror. Some do have mirrors with them also but seriously, moving metro, passengers and make-up makes no sense.


The Reader and the Gamer - They are in their own world of fantasy, be it a novel or a game(No candy crush for God's sake).I once bumped into my school  friend who was waiting at the metro station and not boarding the metro because she was just two pages behind finishing off her novel. Embarrassed on me knowing this, she definitely regretted meeting me that day.

  
Music is my breath- These are the people who come in metro all messed up and running out of breath, frantically huffing and puffing, still the first thing they do when they enter is - earphones, I can't live without them!


The one with as many bags as kids - They have a luggage bag, a sling bag , a clutch bag and a shoulder bag  and also small kids to handle. I seriously believe after this that there should be a Baggage Handling System for all Metro stations,so that your bags could reach your destination station internally handled by DMRC. Wouldn't it be so great ,no luggage to bother for! It will reach Kashmere gate by the time I reach there. Because that pushes, people with big bags give to other people are real pain. Lol!


The Sleeper- Perhaps the best utilisation of time, hehe..... They board metro with the intention that they have to have that so needed power nap. Mostly found during evening metro travel and beware because they might use your shoulder as their pillow.




8 comments:

  1. Well written and humourous article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good one from u Aish... very nice and apt😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it when my readers like it.Thank you Ankita.

      Delete
  3. "Hymn for the weekend ".... One of my favourites 💜 :p
    Great article ! Aishwarya !!! Keep up your good work. And yes, a keen observant you are ! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great listing of people,u have a very good vocab :).....n yes i am the sleeper :P

    ReplyDelete